Expanded and revised to cover developments in the field over the past 17 years, and now reprinted to correct errors in the prior printing, Phase Transformation in Metals and Alloys, Third Edition provides information and examples that better illustrate the engineering relevance of this topic. It supplies a comprehensive overview of specific types of phase transformations, supplemented by practical case studies of engineering alloys.
New in the Third Edition:
- Computer-aided calculation of phase diagrams
- Recent developments in metallic glasses
- The Scheil method of calculating a CCT diagram from a TTT diagram
- Expanded treatment of the nucleation and growth of polygonal ferrite and bainite
- New case studies covering copper precipitation hardening of very low carbon bainitic steel and very fine carbide-free bainite
- Detailed treatment of strain-induced martensite provides a theoretical background to transformation-induced plasticity (TRIP) steels
Unique Presentation Links Theory to Application
Adding new case studies, detailed examples, and exercises drawn from current applications, the third edition keeps the previous editionsâ€™ popular easy-to -follow style and excellent mix of basic and advanced information, making it ideal for those new to the field. The bookâ€™s unique presentation links basic understanding of theory with application in a gradually progressive yet exciting manner. Based on the authorâ€™s teaching notes, the book takes a pedagogical approach and provides examples for applications and problems that can be readily used for exercises.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â PowerPointÂ© illustrationsÂ available on an accompanying CD-ROM with qualifying course adoptions
Author : David A. Porter
ISBN : 1420062107
Language : English
No of Pages : 520
Edition : 3
Publication Date : 2/10/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.06x6.14x1.18
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: