- Logically organized for quick reference
- Packed with suggestions and step-by-step protocols
- Lays flat for easy bench use
- Provides collateral material for classroom use
All of the main concepts presented in the text are supported with carefully chosen laboratory and greenhouse exercises that the authors have used successfully in teaching situations. These exercises illustrate propagation concepts, while providing students with basic propagation skill sets.
Plant Propagation Concepts and Laboratory Exercises contains up-to-date information that will teach students how toâ€”
- Choose the best methods for plant propagation including proper media and containers
- Perform techniques such as budding, cutting, layering, and grafting, as well as cloning
- Recognize and respond to propagation challenges such as common plant diseases
While the book is designed to meet the needs of plant science classes, it contains enough practical and up-to-date information and detailed protocols to serve the reference needs of those who continue to be active in plant science research.
Each book ncludes a CD-ROM with full-color illustrations and PowerPoint presentations
About the authors: Prolific in their research, writing, and teaching, Caula Beyl and Robert Trigiano are highly respected for their cutting edge investigative work across a wide area of plant science. Well-rooted in the discipline of traditional plant propagation, their pioneering investigations have covered nearly every aspect of plant science from horticulture and plant tissue culture to biotechnology, molecular analysis, and plant physiology.
Author : Caula A. Beyl
ISBN : 1420065084
Language : English
No of Pages : 480
Edition : Spi Pap/Dv
Publication Date : 6/9/2008
Format/Binding : Spiral-bound
Book dimensions : 10.94x9.21x0.94
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: