Specifically designed to address the expanding role of physical therapists in primary care, the second edition of Primary Care for the Physical Therapist: Examination and Triage provides the information you need to become an effective primary care provider. Acquire the communication and differential diagnosis skills, technical expertise, and clinical decision-making ability to meet the challenges of a changing profession with this unparalleled resource.
- Emphasizes communication skills vital for establishing rapport and gathering data.
- Patient interview guides identify what data to collect and how to use it.
- Overview of the physical examination lays the foundation for different diagnosis and recognition of conditions.
- A section on Special Populations equips the PT to handle common problems encountered in primary care.
- Unique approach details pharmacology and diagnostic procedures from a PT perspective for clinically relevant guidance.
- New information enhances your understanding of the foundations of practice and how to screen and examine the healthy population.
- Content is reorganized and updated to reflect the current state of PT practice.
- Companion Evolve resources website enables you to independently review techniques from the text.
- Top 10 Medical Conditions to Screen For chapter details conditions that have major significance in incidence, mortality, and morbidity all in one place.
- Separate chapters on upper and lower quarter screening and a new chapter on symptom investigation by symptom help you screen medical conditions more effectively.
Author : William G. Boissonnault PT DPT DHSc FAAOMPT FAPTA
ISBN : 1416061053
Language : English
No of Pages : 432
Edition : 2
Publication Date : 8/17/2010
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 11.1x8.6x0.8
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: