Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers is designed to help athletic training students understand the basic principles of pharmacology, as well as the broad classification of drugs.
Drs. Joel Houglum, Gary Harrelson, and Deidre Leaver-Dunn have created a user-friendly format to help students meet the pharmacology domain outlined in the NATA Competencies in Athletic Training. Over 100 helpful figures and tables help to summarize the information presented and provide clinical examples.
Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers begins by detailing the principles of drug action, administering and dispensing drugs, using drug references, medication adverse effects, therapy considerations, and classification of drugs.
The pharmacological actions of eight categories of drugs including antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medications, and gastrointestinal medications are examined in the next section. Each drug-specific chapter profiles the biological effects, indications, adverse effects, and the drugs' impact on exercise or how exercise can impact the distribution and availability of drugs.
In providing a complete and up-to-date summary of pharmacology, Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers concludes with an overview of performance enhancing drugs and an in-depth analysis of drug testing.
Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers is a unique resource that not only simplifies the broad range of principles and classification of drugs; it also provides specific application information for the athletic trainer.
- Evaluates the role of the athletic trainer within each drug category.
- Includes examples of the clinical use and effects of drugs from specific pharmacological categories.
- Advanced organizers are used at the beginning of each chapter to present an overview of the chapter topics. These concept maps or flow diagrams help the visual learner to better understand concepts and the connection between concepts covered in each chapter.
- Text boxes review important concepts already presented.
- Tables provide examples of drugs by category.
Author : Joel Houglum PhD
ISBN : 1556425945
Language : English
No of Pages : 440
Edition : 1st
Publication Date : 1/3/2005
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.16x7.17x1.42
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: