"Excellent book, I have used this for my Criminal Behavior course for a number of years. Very authoritative."
â€•Harry Cramer,Â Quincy University
The Fourth Edition of this best-selling text provides students with the most up-to-date information on the increasingly popular field of psychological profiling. Well-known authors Ronald M. Holmes and Stephen T. Holmes build upon their continued research and involvement in field investigation as a source of relevant and often high-profile case studies to illustrate theory and application of the methods discussed. The text is particularly readable and engaging, making frequent use of illustrative tables and figures and presenting occasional photos.
New to the Fourth Edition
- Offers a new chapter on Lizzie Borden (Chapter 14), analyzing this historic murder case with fresh insight and a unique analysis while retaining the chapter on Jack the Ripper, a classic unresolved serial murderer
- Covers more recent events such as the killings at Northern Illinois University and Virginia Tech
- Provides a new section on Santeria and the occult to understand the dogma and icons of these teachings and investigates reasons behind crimes committed by some followers
- Offers guidance to students for online graduate programs, seminars, and degrees in criminal profiling
- Includes updated tables and crime statistics throughout the text
- Presents new photos to offer authentic representations of violent crimes and offenders
This best-seller has long been a successful supplemental text for undergraduate criminology and criminal justice courses, including Criminal Investigation, Criminal Profiling, Violent Crimes, Criminal Behavior, Field Investigation, and Forensic Psychology.
Author : Ronald M. Holmes
ISBN : 1412959985
Language : English
No of Pages : 344
Edition : Fourth Edition
Publication Date : 12/1/2008
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 8.8x6x0.8
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: