Get a solid grounding in the fundamentals of Cocoa Touch, and avoid problems during iPhone and iPad app development. With this revised and expanded edition, youâ€™ll dig into Cocoa and learn how to work effectively with Objective-C and Xcode. This book covers iOS 5 and Xcode 4.3 in a rigorous, orderly fashionâ€”ideal whether youâ€™re approaching iOS for the first time or need a reference to bolster existing skills.
Many discussions have been expanded or improved. All code examples have been revised, and many new code examples have been added.
- The new memory management systemâ€”ARCâ€”is thoroughly explained and all code examples have been revised to use it.
- New Objective-C features, such as declaration of instance variables in the classâ€™s implementation section, are described and incorporated into the revised example code.
- Discussion of how an app launches, and all code examples, are revised for project templates from Xcode 4.2 and later.
- Other new Xcode features, including the Simulatorâ€™s Debug menu, are covered, with screen shots based on Xcode 4.2 and later.
- The discussion of Instruments is expanded, with screen shotsâ€”by popular request!
- Storyboards are explained and discussed.
- The explanation of view controllers is completely rewritten to include iOS 5 features, such as custom parent view controllers and UIPageViewController.
- The Controls chapter now includes iOS 5 interface customizability and the appearance proxy.
- New features of interface classes are discussed, including tiling and animated images, new table view features, new alert view styles.
- Coverage of frameworks such as Core Motion and AV Foundation is greatly expanded. New iOS 5 classes and frameworks are also discussed, including Core Image and UIDocument (and iCloud support).
- Important iOS 5 changes that can break existing code are explicitly called out in the text and listed in the index.
Author : Matt Neuburg
ISBN : 1449319343
Language : English
No of Pages : 1014
Edition : Second Edition
Publication Date : 4/1/2012
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.2x7x1.8
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: