Helping students become scientifically literate.
Psychological Science: Modeling Scientific Literacy helps students view psychology as a practical, modern scienceâ€”and gives them the tools to better understand their world.
Organized around a scientific literacy model, the textâ€™s content and features encourage scientific inquiry, prompting students to ask a series of scientific-minded questions about each topic. All aspects of the bookâ€”the topics covered, learning objectives, quizzes, even the modular formatâ€”have been developed to enable students to categorize the overwhelming amount of information they encounter, and to ignite their interest in psychological science.
To ensure that scientific literacy is at the core, content and features are organized around a scientific literacy model asking students:
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â What do we know about this?
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â How can science help to explain this?
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Can we critically evaluate the evidence?
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Why is this relevant?
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning â€“ The new MyPsychLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking â€“ Features have been carefully chosen to reinforce the development of complex thinking skills.
- Engage Students â€“ Substantial end-of-chapter materials and the new MyPsychLab Video Series provide an interactive educational experience for students. YouTube links direct students to highly relevant and engaging video content.
- Explore Research â€“ Research methodology is included and explored throughout the text to improve studentsâ€™ scientific literacy skills.
- Understand Culture and Diversity - A Biopsychosocial Perspectives feature reminds students that behavior is affected by biology, individual thoughts and experiences, and social and cultural factors.
- Support Instructors - An Annotated Instructorâ€™s Edition, Test Bank (both print and computerized), Interactive PowerPoints, and the new MyPsychLab Video Series are just some of the resources available which provide instructors with the ultimate supplements package.
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit: www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyPsychLab (at no additional cost). VP: 9780205743681
Author : Mark Krause
ISBN : 0131739859
Language : English
No of Pages : 784
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 11/24/2011
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 11x9.1x1.2
Book weight : 0.04
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: