Promotes public speaking as a vehicle for civic engagement
Public Speaking and Civic Engagement advocates for being an engaged citizen of democracy by communicating ideas and information that could benefit and improve oneâ€™s community.Â It teaches through a clear, engaging narrative and uses special features that demonstrate specific ways in which students and citizens can use public speaking to become better citizens.
MyCommunicationLab is an integral part of the Hogan program. Key learning applications include MediaShare, an eText, and a study plan.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experienceâ€“for you and your students.Â Hereâ€™s how:
- Personalize Learningâ€” MyCommunicationLab is online learning. MyCommunicationLab engages students through personalized learning and helps instructors from course preparation to delivery and assessment.
- Improve Critical Thinkingâ€”Features that promote critical thinking, such as learning objectives and questions for review, appear throughout the book.
- Engage Studentsâ€”Tools throughout the text help students gauge their level of communication apprehension.
- Apply Ethicsâ€”Discussions of ethical implications of speaker and listener choices appear in every chapter.
- Support Instructorsâ€” A full set of supplements, including MyCommunicationLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
Author : J. Michael Hogan
ISBN : 0205252885
Language : English
No of Pages : 512
Edition : 3
Publication Date : 1/20/2013
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9x7.4x0.9
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: