Qualitative Journeys: Student and Mentor Experiences with Research takes a fresh approach to teaching qualitative research. Authors Victor Minichiello and Jeffrey Kottler share stories of student qualitative research experiences that reveal the struggles, the joys, the discoveries, and the surprises that take place during the qualitative research journey. By studying examples of student research (including obstacles and how they were overcome), readers learn through the real-life experiences of other students. Throughout the textbook, the authors offer pragmatic guidance for what works and what does not work, along with suggested solutions.
Features and Benefits
- Provides the nuts and bolts of qualitative research in Part I
- Includes a dozen "qualitative journeys,â€ narratives that tell the story of research studies, how they evolved, what was involved, and how they were conceived and conducted
- Focuses on research from the perspective of student experiences and demonstrates the partnership between students and their mentors
- Includes domestic and international examples of qualitative studies and real-life stories that convey the excitement and meaning of research
- Considers the lessons learned and the main themes derived from all the qualitative journeys
Qualitative Journeys: Student and Mentor Experiences with Research is appropriate for use as a supplement or core text for courses in Qualitative Research, Counseling Research Methods, or Social Work Research Methods.
Author : Victor Minichiello
ISBN : 1412956765
Language : English
No of Pages : 328
Publication Date : 2/10/2009
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.08x7.01x0.94
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: