Examining the social, economic, and political realities to racial and ethnic relations
Racial and Ethnic Relations, 9/e examines the â€œwhatâ€, â€œwhyâ€, and â€œhowâ€ of racial and ethnic oppression and conflict.
Drawing on a broad array of sources, this text provides readers with access to important research and literature on racial and ethnic groups in the United States and, to a lesser extent, in certain other countries around the globe. It is designed for courses in Majority-Minority Relations, Racial and Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity, and Multiculturalism in departments of Sociology and Ethnic Studies.
The Census Update program incorporates 2010 Census data into a courseâ€”simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphsâ€”to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MySocKit.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learningâ€”MySocKit delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking â€” Encourages students to critically evaluate racial inequality and conflict.
- Engage Students â€” A broad array of sources and new research help students delve into the sociology of inter-group relations.
- Explore Theory â€” Power-conflict approach.
- Support Instructors â€” MySocKit enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Note: MySocKit does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocKit, please visit: www.mysockit.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySocKit (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205172210 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205172214
Author : Joe R. Feagin
ISBN : 0205024998
Language : English
No of Pages : 528
Edition : 9
Publication Date : 7/7/2011
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10x8.2x0.9
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: