A Fresh Approach to Chenille
Toss out the idea of vintage chenille bedspreadsRe-Inventing Chenille will open the door to new designs and uses. Author Nannette Holmberg presents her innovative technique for adding chenille texture to fashion and home decora simplified approach that makes it easy to create chenille, by embellishing ready-made skirts or thrift store denim jackets. Her unique method of stitching continuous bias to water-soluble stabilizer produces soft, luxurious jackets and scarves. The "re-invented chenille" technique is also great for creating items for the home such as quilts, wall hangings and baby blankets.
In Re-Inventing Chenille you'll find:
- 20 exciting projects, from fashion (jackets, skirts, tops) to home dÃ©cor (pillows, wall hangings)
- clear step-by-step instructions and detailed photos
- expert advice on stitching and layering techniques, cutting bias strips from fabric or working with commercial bias, hand-dyeing bias and much more
- a unique process for creating jackets and scarves from continuous bias stitched to water-soluble stabilizer
- end-of-chapter galleries showing even more creative uses of chenille
Experience chenille in an exciting new way with Re-Inventing Chenille.
Author : Nannette Holmberg
ISBN : 089689729X
Language : English
No of Pages : 128
Publication Date : 4/22/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.7x8.1x0.3
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: