Read and Respond: A Text / Anthology
The Fourth Edition of this popular combination text/anthology integrates reading and writing skills. The approach of Read and Respond is unique: students are assessed for comprehension through summary-writing rather than objective testing. After summarizing an article, students write a personal response. Because the summary and personal response are written in the students' own words, the instructor gains valuable insight into their vocabulary and writing ability. As a result, students develop proficiency in reading, writing, and critical thinking.
The new edition retains the best features of the previous editions. It integrates reading and writing, offers step-by-step progression, includes models, exercises, and activities in each chapter, and provides additional readings for practice.
New features include the following:
* A new, improved two-color format, plus overview maps of each chapter.
* A new introductory chapter discussing the reading process and main types of reading tasks.
* A new chapter offering a wide variety of methods to improve both general and specialized vocabulary.
* The addition of content area readings and/or excerpts from a college textbook in every chapter.
* New articles for student reading practice in a new chapter entitled "Additional Readings."
* An increased emphasis and clarification of student goals, outcomes, and benefits.
* The addition of self-check review questions at the end of each chapter to help students review key concepts and consider personal applications of those concepts.
The Fourth Edition is complemented by a revised Instructor's Manual, which provides an answer key for all activities, proposed syllabi for a quarter and for a semester, as well as teaching suggestions and strategies.
Specifications of Read and Respond: A Text / Anthology
|Author||Janet R. Swinton, William J. Agopsowicz|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Number Of Pages||174|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: