Real Talk 2 , by Lida Baker and Judith Tanka, helps teachers transport high-intermediate toÂ advanced students out of the language classroom and into the world of authentic English. Each of the bookâ€™s eight thematic chapters has four parts: In Person, On the Phone, On the Air, and In Class. With Real Talk 2 , teachers can expose students to spontaneous face-to-face conversations, phone conversations and messages, radio broadcasts, and academic lectures.
- Instruction and practice in language skills for everyday use and for academic situations.
- Clear explanations and activities to teach natural use of intonation, stress, reductions, thought groups, and difficult-to-pronounce sounds
- Structured and graduated note-taking activities that prepare students for university and college-level lectures
- Recorded speakers with a variety of accents, both native and nonnative
- End-of-chapter synthesizing activities that help students prepare for TOEFLÂ® speaking tasks and academic speaking situations
All of these features guide students to communicate confidently and successfully in a wide variety of settings.
For intermediateÂ to high-intermediate students, see Real Talk 1. Â
Author : Lida Baker
ISBN : 0131940961
Language : English
No of Pages : 275
Edition : 1st
Publication Date : 3/31/2007
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.9x8x0.4
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: