For years, IT and security professionals and students have turned to Security in Computing as the definitive guide to information about computer security attacks and countermeasures. In their new fourth edition, Charles P. Pfleeger and Shari Lawrence Pfleeger have thoroughly updated their classic guide to reflect today's newest technologies, standards, and trends.
The authors first introduce the core concepts and vocabulary of computer security, including attacks and controls. Next, the authors systematically identify and assess threats now facing programs, operating systems, database systems, and networks. For each threat, they offer best-practice responses.
Security in Computing, Fourth Edition , goes beyond technology, covering crucial management issues faced in protecting infrastructure and information. This edition contains an all-new chapter on the economics of cybersecurity, explaining ways to make a business case for security investments. Another new chapter addresses privacy--from data mining and identity theft, to RFID and e-voting.
New coverage also includes
- Programming mistakes that compromise security: man-in-the-middle, timing, and privilege escalation attacks
- Web application threats and vulnerabilities
- Networks of compromised systems: bots, botnets, and drones
- Rootkits--including the notorious Sony XCP
- Wi-Fi network security challenges, standards, and techniques
- New malicious code attacks, including false interfaces and keystroke loggers
- Improving code quality: software engineering, testing, and liability approaches
- Biometric authentication: capabilities and limitations
- Using the Advanced Encryption System (AES) more effectively
- Balancing dissemination with piracy control in music and other digital content
- Countering new cryptanalytic attacks against RSA, DES, and SHA
- Responding to the emergence of organized attacker groups pursuing profit
Author : Charles P. Pfleeger
ISBN : 0132390779
Language : English
No of Pages : 880
Edition : 4th
Publication Date : 10/23/2006
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 9.3x7.2x1.9
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: