ALERT:Â Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that youÂ select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,Â you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Frames social problems and solutions through politics.
Macionis's book is the only social problems text that explains how society frames social problems and solutions through politics.
The text analyzes social issues and policies, using the concepts of sociological theory and the everyday language of politics. It also helps students understand the attitudes and values that define the political spectrum in the United States. Once students know how social problems are defined by our society through politics, and how the policies to solve these problems are developed, they can become involved in solving social problems through activism and political involvement.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning Â â€“ The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking Â â€“ Chapter organization follows a logical framework that traces a problem from its origin to solution.
- Engage Students Â â€“ International, national, and personal examples help students understand issues better.
- Explore Theory Â â€“ Major sociological theories and how they explain each social problem are discussed.
- Understand Diversity Â â€“ Features help students think globally about defining a solution to social problems.
- Support Instructors Â â€“ The only Social Problems text with an annotated instructorâ€™s edition. Also, author-written test bank provides the best support for instructors.
0205949193 / 9780205949199 Social Problems Plus NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText
Package consists of
0205206530 / 9780205206537 NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card
0205881394 / 9780205881390 Social Problems
Author : John J. Macionis
ISBN : 020588170X
Language : English
No of Pages : 552
Edition : 5
Publication Date : 10/22/2012
Format/Binding : Loose Leaf
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.9x0.5
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: