Macionis empowers students to understand the world around them through a sociological lens, so they can better understand sociology and their own lives.
Society: The Basics, 12th edition is written to help students find and use sociology in everyday life. With a complete theoretical framework and a global perspective, Society: The BasicsÂ offers students an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology.
The new edition continues to grow to meet readers' changing needs. With a newly integrated pedagogical framework, readers are guided through both the text - and optional new MySocLab - to build their critical thinking skills while learning the fundamentals of sociology.Â
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience â€“ for you and your students. Hereâ€™s how:
- Personalize LearningÂ - The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical ThinkingÂ â€“Six newÂ learning objectives per chapter help readers build critical thinking and study skills.
- Engage Students â€“ New design, everyday life and pop culture examples make sociology relevant for students today.
- Explore Theory â€“Three main theoretical perspectives are discussed in every chapter.
- Understand Diversity - Contemporary research informed by expert reviewers and cutting edge data sources reflect a broad range of race / class / gender.
- Support Instructors - Author written activities and assessment in MySocLab, the test bank and instructor's manual help provide support for instructors.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit:
www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost).
Author : John J. Macionis
ISBN : 0205898912
Language : English
No of Pages : 552
Edition : 12
Publication Date : 6/8/2012
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.7x8.9x1
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: