James Henslin shares the excitement of sociology, with his acclaimed "down-to-earth" approach and personal writing style that highlight the sociology of everyday life and its relevance to students' lives. With wit, personal reflection, and illuminating examples, he shares with readers his passion for sociology.
In addition to this trademark down-to-earth approach, other distinctive features include:
Comparative perspectives. Two important themes are global comparisons - the diversity of social life across cultures and societies - and comparisons over time - what society used to be like, and how it has changed.
The Globalization of Capitalism. Many examples highlight the ways in which our global economy influences the skills and knowledge we need, the work we do, and the cost of goods and services.
Visual Presentations of Sociology. Outstanding maps, graphs, and photos grab students' interest and aid comprehension.
To learn more about the new edition, click here to watch a video.
What is the Pearson Census Update Program?
The Census UpdateÂ edition incorporates 2010 Census data into a courseâ€”simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program are as follows:
- Census Update Edition - Features fully updated data throughout the textâ€”including all charts and graphsâ€”to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. This edition also includes a reproduction of the 2010 Census Questionnaire for your students to explore in detail.
- 2010 Census Update Primer - A brief seven-chapter overview of the Census, including important information about the Constitutional mandate, research methods, who is affected by the Census, and how data is used. Additionally, the primer explores key contemporary topics such as race and ethnicity, the family, and poverty. The primer can be packaged with any Pearson text at no additional cost, and is available via MySocLab, MySocKit, and MySearchLab. The primer can also be purchased standalone.
- 2010 Census Update Primer Instructorâ€™s Manual with Test Bank Â - Includes explanations of what has been updated, in-class activities, homework activities associated with the MyLabs and MyKits, discussion questions for the primer, and test questions related to the primer.
- MySocLab - Gives students the opportunity to explore the methods and data and apply the results in a dynamic interactive online environment. It includes:
- primary source readings relevant to the Census
- an online version of the 2010 Census Update Primer
- a series of activities using 2010 Census results
- video clips explaining and exploring the Census
Author : James M. Henslin
ISBN : 0205181074
Language : English
No of Pages : 792
Edition : 10
Publication Date : 7/18/2011
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.8x1.3
Book weight : 0.04
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: