Adapted from Henslinâ€™s best-selling comprehensive text, Core Concepts provides in-depth coverage of ten high-priority topics that are the foundation of many introductory sociology courses.
This unique paperback offers a concise and economical format without sacrificing depth of coverage. Unlike a â€œbriefâ€ or â€œessentialsâ€ text, the ten chapters that make up Core Concepts are not edited down from a longer book. Instead, they provide full coverage of those topics that instructors emphasize the most in a one-semester or one-term introductory sociology course. Like Henslinâ€™s other texts, it features the author's familiar â€œdown-to-earthâ€ approach and personal writing style that highlight the sociology of everyday life. With wit, personal reflection, and illuminating examples, Henslin shares with readers a passion for sociology unmatched by any other introductory text.
What is the Pearson Census Update Program?
The Census UpdateÂ edition incorporates 2010 Census data into a courseâ€”simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program are as follows:
- Census Update Edition - Features fully updated data throughout the textâ€”including all charts and graphsâ€”to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. This edition also includes a reproduction of the 2010 Census Questionnaire for your students to explore in detail.
- 2010 Census Update Primer - A brief seven-chapter overview of the Census, including important information about the Constitutional mandate, research methods, who is affected by the Census, and how data is used. Additionally, the primer explores key contemporary topics such as race and ethnicity, the family, and poverty. The primer can be packaged with any Pearson text at no additional cost, and is available via MySocLab, MySocKit, and MySearchLab. The primer can also be purchased standalone.
- 2010 Census Update Primer Instructorâ€™s Manual with Test Bank Â - Includes explanations of what has been updated, in-class activities, homework activities associated with the MyLabs and MyKits, discussion questions for the primer, and test questions related to the primer.
- MySocLab - Gives students the opportunity to explore the methods and data and apply the results in a dynamic interactive online environment. It includes:
- primary source readings relevant to the Census
- an online version of the 2010 Census Update Primer
- a series of activities using 2010 Census results
- video clips explaining and exploring the Census
Author : James M. Henslin
ISBN : 0205182143
Language : English
No of Pages : 408
Edition : 4
Publication Date : 7/17/2011
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.7x8.4x0.7
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: