Often referred to as the â€œblack artâ€ because of its complexity and uncertainty, software estimation is not as difficult or puzzling as people think. In fact, generating accurate estimates is straightforwardâ€”once you understand the art of creating them. In his highly anticipated book, acclaimed author Steve McConnell unravels the mystery to successful software estimationâ€”distilling academic information and real-world experience into a practical guide for working software professionals. Instead of arcane treatises and rigid modeling techniques, this guide highlights a proven set of procedures, understandable formulas, and heuristics that individuals and development teams can apply to their projects to help achieve estimation proficiency.
Discover how to:
- Estimate schedule and costâ€”or estimate the functionality that can be delivered within a given time frame
- Avoid common software estimation mistakes
- Learn estimation techniques for you, your team, and your organization * Estimate specific project activitiesâ€”including development, management, and defect correction
- Apply estimation approaches to any type of projectâ€”small or large, agile or traditional
- Navigate the shark-infested political waters that surround project estimates
When many corporate software projects are failing, McConnell shows you what works for successful software estimation.
Author : Steve McConnell
ISBN : 0735605351
Language : English
No of Pages : 308
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 3/1/2006
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 8.82x7.32x1.02
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: