Sociohistorical coverage of racial, ethnic, religious and other groups
This top-selling comprehensive text examines racial and ethnic relations in the U.S. from a sociohistorical perspective.
The book integrates the three main theoretical perspectives and the experiences of more than 50 racial, ethnic, religious, and other groups.
The Census Update program incorporates 2010 Census data into a courseâ€”simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphsâ€”to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MySocLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning â€”MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking â€” The book challenges students to think about socioeconomic indicators of minority groups and how they influence culture.
- Engage Students â€” First-hand immigrant accounts and comparative examples help students experience diverse relations on a global scale.
- Explore Theory â€” Covers all major theoretical perspectives.
- Support Instructors â€” MySocLab enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit: www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205172253 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205172252
Author : Vincent N. Parrillo
ISBN : 0205260233
Language : English
No of Pages : 528
Edition : 10
Publication Date : 7/31/2011
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.7x0.9
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: