Question how American democracy is developing
The Struggle for Democracy provides students with an understanding of the American political process and with the tools to critically evaluate that process. This text focuses on the role that democracy has played in the American story and asks students how democracy isâ€“or isnâ€™tâ€“revealed in our politics and government. It encourages students to examine how deeply connected politics and government are with historical, economic, and social influences. The Struggle for Democracy both strengthens a fundamental aspect of critical thinking and tells a unique story of our countryâ€™s political development.
This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab.Â MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist and analyze current political issues.Â Political Explorer lets students play the role of a political scientist by investigating issues through interactive data.Â Core Concept videos discuss the big ideas in each chapter and apply them to key political issues. Simulations allow students to experience how politicalÂ leaders make decisions.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program provides a better teaching and learning experienceâ€“for you and your students. Hereâ€™s how:
- Personalize Learningâ€“The New MyPoliSciLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals. MyPoliSciLab is now compatible with BlackBoard!
- Engage Studentsâ€“The stunning visual design engages students in the text.Â Â
- Improve Critical Thinkingâ€“ Learning objectives in every chapter help students focus on important topics.
- Analyze Current Eventsâ€“Coverage of the 2012 elections keeps the study of politics relevant and shows how political scientists look at the development of the American political system.
- Support Instructorsâ€“ A full supplements package including the Class Preparation Tool in the NewÂ MyPoliSciLab is available.
Author : Edward S. Greenberg
ISBN : 0205909043
Language : English
No of Pages : 720
Edition : 11
Publication Date : 12/31/2012
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.7x8.5x1
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: