Easy to understand and simple to use, Student Workbook for Modern Dental Assisting, 10th Edition, provides the best review and practice available in workbook form for mastering core dental assisting skills. Doni Bird and Debbie Robinson offer chapter-by-chapter practice questions and exercises, competency skill sheets, flashcards, procedure reviews, and case studies to help you master the content in your textbook. Itâ€™s essential in helping you master the skills you need for clinical success.
- Comprehensive practice exercises for each chapter (short answer, fill-in-the-blank, and multiple-choice questions and labeling exercises) help you master key terminology and important concepts.
- A multimedia review section refers you to relevant procedure videos on the textâ€™s Multimedia Procedures DVD to visually reinforce your understanding of chapter content.
- Patient case exercises section directs you to patient information on the companion Evolve websiteâ€™s Interactive Dental Office, including related medical and dental histories, radiographs, and charting information to will help you answer questions that reinforce chapter content and help you develop clinical decision-making skills.
- Competency skill sheets provide clear guidelines for each skill and help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses in performing procedural skills. Pages are also perforated so that you can remove individual skill sheets and take them with you.
- Tear-out flashcards summarize key information about the sciences, medical emergencies, infection control, radiography, dental materials, dental instruments, and dental procedures for convenient, portable review of key information necessary to prepare for examinations.
- Brief case scenarios with accompanying questions challenge you to apply key clinical concepts and prepare you for real world practice.
- Competency skills checklists are provided for all procedures new to the textbook, including use of the caries detection device, applying fluoride varnish, taking a patientâ€™s pulse oximetry and ECG, performing intraoral and extraoral photography, and performing radiography with digital sensors and phosphor storage plates.
- Patient form activities offer valuable practice filling out blank patient forms that are essential to todayâ€™s dental office.
Author : Doni L. Bird
ISBN : 143772728X
Language : English
No of Pages : 608
Edition : 10th
Publication Date : 4/7/2011
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.5x0.9
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: