Volume Three of the Van de Walle Professional Mathematics Series provides practical guidance along with proven strategies for practicing teachers of grades 5 through 8. In addition to many of the popular topics and features from John Van de Walle's market-leading textbook, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics, this volume offers brand-new material specifically written for the middle grades. The expanded grade-specific coverage and unique page design allow readers to quickly and easily locate information to implement in the classroom. Nearly 200 grade-appropriate activities are included. The student-centered, problem-based approach will help students develop real understanding and confidence in mathematics, making this series indispensable for teachers!
- Big Ideas provide clear and succinct explanations of the most critical concepts in 5-8 mathematics.
- Problem-based activities in Chapters 2-12 provide numerous engaging tasks to help students develop understanding.
- Assessment Notes illustrate how assessment can be an integral part of instruction and suggest practical assessment strategies.
- Expanded Lessons elaborate on one activity in each chapter, providing examples for creating step-by-step lesson plans for classroom implementation.
- A Companion Website (http://www.ablongman.com/vandewalletscm1e ) provides access to more than 50 reproducible blackline masters to utilize in the classroom.
- The NCTM Content Standards are provided in the appendix for teachers' reference.
Collect all three volumes in the Van de Walle Professional Mathematics Series! Each volume provides in-depth coverage at specific grade levels.
- Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Volume One, Grades K-3, ISBN: 0-205-40843-5
- Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Volume Two, Grades 3-5, ISBN: 0-205-40844-3
- Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Volume Three, Grades 5-8, ISBN: 0-205-41797-3
Author : John A. Van de Walle
ISBN : 0205417973
Language : English
No of Pages : 400
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 6/27/2005
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.5x0.8
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: