An essential pocket manual for anyone who treats children
"This is a unique and novel approach to a pediatric handbook. It is the first that I can remember that is written by house staff, although it is reviewed by attendings and is very thorough. 3 Stars."--Doody's Revivew Service
Featuring an instant-access, find-it-now presentation, Texas Childrenâ€™s Hospital Handbook of Pediatrics and Neonatology delivers concise, evidence-based information that is directly applicable to bedside care of the patient in both pediatrics and neonatology.
Authored and reviewed by more than 125 residents, fellows, and faculty at Texas Childrenâ€™s Hospital in Houston, Texas, this compact guide features content especially selected for its value to students, trainees, and junior faculty. Distinguished faculty in virtually every pediatric discipline have reviewed the content to ensure that the text reflects the most current clinical practice.
- A true quick reference utilizing numerous tables, figures, and clinical algorithms
- Includes material not found in any other handbook, such as Clinical Pearls for the Wards, Neonatal and Pediatric Nutrition, and Delivery Room Care of the VLBW Infant
- Key medications/dosages, research, and review articles are cited directly in the text
- Includes PICU cardâ€•-a necessity for every lab coat pocketâ€•-providing what-to-do information on sedation, poisoning, IV antibiotics, anaphylaxis, airway obstruction, intubation sequences, hypertensive crisis, and more
- References to additional material available online at www.AccessPediatrics.com
Author : Adam Lowry
ISBN : 0071639241
Language : English
No of Pages : 456
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 5/4/2011
Format/Binding : Ring-bound
Book dimensions : 9.13x5.43x0.94
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: