If engineering is the art and science of technical problem solving, systems architecting happens when you donâ€™t yet know what the problem is. The third edition of a highly respected bestseller, The Art of Systems Architecting provides in-depth coverage of the least understood part of systems design: moving from a vague concept and limited resources to a satisfactory and feasible system concept and an executable program. The book provides a practical, heuristic approach to the "art" of systems architecting. It provides methods for embracing, and then taming, the growing complexity of modern systems.
New in the Third Edition:
- Five major case studies illustrating successful and unsuccessful practices
- Information on architecture frameworks as standards for architecture descriptions
- New methods for integrating business strategy and architecture and the role of architecture as the technical embodiment of strategy
- Integration of process guidance for organizing and managing architecture projects
- Updates to the rapidly changing fields of software and systems-of-systems architecture
- Organization of heuristics around a simple and practical process model
Â A Practical Heuristic Approach to the Art of Systems Architecting
Extensively rewritten to reflect the latest developments, the text explains how to create a system from scratch, presenting invention/design rules together with clear explanations of how to use them. The author supplies practical guidelines for avoiding common systematic failures while implementing new mandates. He uses a heuristics-based approach that provides an organized attack on very ill-structured engineering problems. Examining architecture as more than a set of diagrams and documents, but as a set of decisions that either drive a system to success or doom it to failure, the book provide methods for integrating business strategy with technical architectural decision making.
Author : Mark W. Maier
ISBN : 1420079131
Language : English
No of Pages : 472
Edition : 3
Publication Date : 1/6/2009
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 9.3x6.3x1.1
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: