"An important book... a proven and practical guide."
â€”Steven H. Ferris, PhD, director, Alzheimer's Disease Center, NYU
Regain, Retrain, and Maintain Your Brain
Help Prevent Memory Loss - Increase Brain Agility - Reduce Risk of Alzheimer's
Because memory loss is the number one health concern of Americans over forty-five,The Brain Training Revolution is a valuable weapon on the battleground of aging. You have the power to grow and strengthen your brain, minimize the severity of age-associated memory lapses, and reduce your risk of Alzheimer's disease. You can greatly influence the vitality of your brain. You can guard against brain disease. It's never too late to start the Brain Training Revolution, and the scientific evidence is clearâ€”you will feel better and your body and brain will benefit.
The Brain Training Revolution offers a unique three-part prescription for a brain-healthy life.
- Boost Brain Health
- Help Prevent Memory Loss
- Increase Brain Agility
- Reduce Risk of Alzheimer's
This innovative step-by-step guidebook and DVD show you how to fight off memory loss and Alzheimer's disease, how to blunt the assaults of aging, and how to perform at the mental level you desire in your fifties, sixties, seventies, and beyond.
Dr. Paul Bendheim, founder of the brain-health firm BrainSavers LLC, has created a lifestyle plan that incorporates medical evidenceâ€“based brain-healthy eating, modest physical exercise, and challenging mental exercises (some included here in color for an extra brain workout), all of which you can adapt to your own comfort level.
You'll find out more about:
- What to expect as your brain gets older
- How to boost your brain's performance in midlife and beyond while combating normal age-associated memory loss
- How to protect and strengthen the "memory maker" in your brain, the small sea horseâ€“shaped structure called the hippocampus
- How modest lifestyle adjustments can make a huge difference in maintaining a healthy brain
- The importance of plasticity and brain reserve: how you can better your brain at any age
- The features of the brain that are critical to healthy brain aging
- How to work out your brain using full-color illustrations
- Simple things you can do every day to keep your brain healthy and functioning at its peak
These big three components for brain fitness, along with stress management and a good night's sleep, add up to a complete and proven plan for healthy brain aging that your mind will thank you for.
- Brainsavers.comâ€“ A BrainSavers â„¢ Book
- Bonus DVD includes interactive mental exercises
"With skill, clarity and grounding in research, Paul Bendheim has put together a highly practical program that explains how to achieve lifelong brain health."
â€”Kenneth S. Kosik, MD, codirector, Neuroscience Research Institute, and Harriman Professor of Neuroscience, University of California, Santa Barbara
Author : Paul Bendheim
ISBN : 1402218206
Language : English
No of Pages : 352
Edition : Har/DVD
Publication Date : 12/1/2009
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 9x6.2x1.4
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: