The Complete Musician: An Integrated Approach To Tonal Theory, Analysis, And Listening Includes 2 CDs
ISBN : 9780195095678
Availability: Only 5 Left In-stock.
The Complete Musician: An Integrated Approach to Tonal Theory, Analysis, and Listening Includes 2 CDs
Bringing together the analytical, aural, and tactile activities that comprise a tonal theory curriculum, The Complete Musician relies on a diverse repertoire and innovative exercises to integrate theory (writing and analysis), skills (singing, playing, and dictation), and music-making outside the theory class.
* Common practice literature is the driving force of the text and comprises the bulk of the harmonic dictation component.
* Musical examples range from Schütz to Scriabin and from solo vocal and instrumental music to orchestral ensembles. They include popular and folk music.
* Topics covered run the gamut from rudiments to compositional processes of the late nineteenth century.
* Exercises are interspersed throughout and increase in pedagogical complexity, ranging from passive identification activities to active composition.
* The 2 CDs packaged with each text include more than 300 recorded textbook examples performed by students and faculty from the Eastman School of Music. (A separate set of 8 CDs offers nearly 2000 more examples--from solo piano to full orchestra--of the exercises in the text and workbooks, played by the same performers.)
* The premise of the text is that students can learn to hear, comprehend, and model the structure and syntax of the music they love, and that simple processes, which are fleshed out in diverse contexts, underlie tonal music.
An innovative text, The Complete Musician makes the study of tonal theory as engaging and as musical as possible. It provides students with a strong foundation in the principles of writing, analyzing, hearing, singing, and playing tonal harmony and enables them to understand the most important musical forms. Students can then apply these principles to their performances and to any tonal pieces that they encounter throughout their musical careers.
Instructor's Manual: 0-19-509568-5
Student Workbook, Volume I: 0-19-516059-2
Student Workbook, Volume II: 0-19-516060-6
8-CD Set: 0-19-509569-3
Specifications of The Complete Musician: An Integrated Approach to Tonal Theory, Analysis, and Listening Includes 2 CDs
|Author||Steven G. Laitz|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Number Of Pages||736|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: