Part of Advancing Core Competencies Series, a unique series that helps students taking advanced social work courses apply CSWEâ€™s core competencies and practice behaviors examples to specialized fields of practice.
The Strengths Perspective in Social Work Practice, 6/e, presents both conceptual and practical elements of the strengths perspective - from learning about and practicing the strengths perspective to using the strengths perspective with older adults, the chronically ill, and substance abusers.
Many of the chapters- address recent events â€“from the tragic shooting in Tucson to the uprisings in the Middle East. Each chapter begins with a section from an expert in the field.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Improve Critical Thinking â€“ Each chapter contains four critical thinking questions and two short essay questions that require the reader to apply key concepts.
- Engage Students â€“ Extensive case examples keep students interested and help them see a connection between theory and practice.
- Explore Current Issues â€“ Three new chapters have been added to reflect the most current knowledge in the field.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies â€“ The text integrates the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to assess student understanding and development of competencies and practice behaviors.
- Support Instructors â€“ PowerPoint presentations are available with this text.
Author : Dennis Saleebey
ISBN : 0205011543
Language : English
No of Pages : 352
Edition : 6
Publication Date : 8/18/2012
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9x7.3x0.7
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: