To Touch the Sky contains Willis Barnstone's translations of some of the most inspiring writing of world literature: ten mystical and spiritual poets spanning three thousand years.
- The Song of Songs
- Poems (Sappho)
- The Cosmic Fragments (Herakleitos)
- Saying Poems (Yeshua the Messiah)
- Apocalypse (John of Patmos)
- Taoist and Buddhist Poems (Wang Wei)
- Allegorical Bestiary (Bishop Theobaldus)
- Mystical Poems (Mira Bai)
- Mystical Poems (St. John of the Cross)
- Sonnets to Orpheus (Rainer Maria Rilke)
The poetry included here spans three thousand years and contains some of the most profound and inspiring writing of world literature: some following the way of fantastic realism while some is mysto-erotic. As Barnstone says: "[I]n the instance of our authors, the unsayable has been refashioned into the precision of poetry."
Author : Willis Barnstone
ISBN : 081121396X
Language : English
No of Pages : 224
Publication Date : 2/17/1999
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 7.6x5.2x0.7
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: