Do you want to prepare the children in your class for the educational challenges they will face in the years to come?
Do you recognise the value of strong foundations for learning but wonder how to implement these in your setting?
Vygotsky in Action in the Early Years is based on the concepts of Lev Vygotsky, one of the twentieth centuryâ€™s most influential theorists in the field of early years education. Drawing upon the Key to Learning curriculum, a unique and inspiring programme of cognitive development activities for the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, the author shows how you can encourage young children to become independent learners.
Vygotsky in Action in the Early Years transforms Vygotskyâ€™s theory of child development into clear, accessible activities for children between the ages of three and seven, and explains the theory underpinning the practice, enabling practitioners to achieve this in their own setting.
This invaluable resource includes access to online ready-to-use activities providing a total of over 600 specially designed learning experiences, in 12 teacher-friendly curriculum modules. With links to the Early Years Foundation Stage learning goals, this comprehensive programme helps you enable children to:
- plan and organise their own activities, through a balance of teacher-directed and child-initiated activities;
- openly express their point of view, developing language, listening and attention skills;
- solve problems creatively, using thinking skills;
- interact freely and confidently with others, improving social skills;
- become self-confident, self-motivated learners, with the mindset and mental tools they need for later learning securely in place.
Early years practitioners and Key Stage 1 teachers wanting to extend and enrich childrenâ€™s cognitive development will find this an invaluable tool to complement and systemise existing good practice.
Author : Galina Dolya
ISBN : 041555229X
Language : English
No of Pages : 176
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 10/1/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.94x8.5x0.47
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: