Word Identification Strategies: Building Phonics Into A Classroom Reading Program (4th Edition)
ISBN : 0131561308
International Shipping: Add $20.
Acknowledging that phonics is a necessary tool for helping children become independent readers, this practical, up-to-date book ensures readers learn strategies supported by current researchâ€“helps teachers be prepared for today's standards-based educational system and the expectations of administrators, parents, and others.
This book incorporates current best practices in phonemic awareness, word families, letter-sound patterns, and multi-letter groups into 96 practical, research-based activities. Coverage addresses the needs of children who have difficulty identifying words in context, as well as those whose first language is not English. By focusing on transferable teaching strategies rather than rote letter/sound learning, this book reshapes how teachers will introduce this critical component of reading to today's classrooms.
This revision includes:
- NEW! Seven best practices for teaching reading and sharing literacy with English Language learners include research-based guidance for effective teaching of English language learners.
- NEW! In light of high-stakes testing and the demands on classroom time, this book now includes Spare Minute teaching ideas that call for little, if any, advance preparation and are suitable for brief periods of time.
- NEW! The importance of phonemic awareness for phonics, spelling and reading fluency is explained in greater detail to help readers of this book develop insight into how phonemic awareness impacts learning to read.
- NEW! Because developing reading fluency is now a more visible component of classroom reading programs, Chapter 1 includes an explanation of how phonics contributes to fluent reading.
- NEW! AnÂ overview of anÂ elementary school program for teaching letter-sounds and multi-letter chunks provides a conceptual framework for teachersÂ to understandÂ the logical sequence of teaching theseÂ skills in grades K-6.Â (Chapters 5Â & 6)
Author : Barbara J. Fox
ISBN : 0131561308
Language : English
No of Pages : 288
Edition : 4
Publication Date : 5/5/2007
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9x7.3x0.8
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: