Your shopping cart is empty!
Routledge English Language Introductions cover core areas of language study and are one-stop resources for students.
- is a comprehensive introduction to the subject
- covers the major historical and sociopolitical developments in world Englishes, from the reign of Queen Elizabeth I to the present day
- explores current debates in world Englishes from English in postcolonial America and Africa, and Asian Englishes in the Outer Circle, to Creole development in the UK and US, English as a Lingua Franca, and the teaching and testing of World Englishes
- draws on a range of real texts, data and examples, including articles from the New York Times, Straits Times and The Economist, emails, texts and transcripts of speech
- provides classic readings by some of the key names in the discipline including David Crystal, David Graddol, Ngugi Wa Thiong'o, Alastair Pennycook, and Henry Widdowson.
The accompanying website can be found at http://www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415466127
Author : Jennifer Jenkins
ISBN : 0415466121
Language : English
No of Pages : 272
Edition : 2
Publication Date : 8/16/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.5x6.8x0.7
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: