Encyclopedia Of Environmental Pollution And Cleanup (Wiley Encyclopedia Series In Environmental Science) (2 Vol. Set)
ISBN : 9780471316121
Condition : New
Shipping & Tax will be calculated at Checkout.
Estimated delivery time 7-14 days.
International delivery time 2 to 4 weeks.
A concise up-to-date guide to all aspects of environmental pollution and cleanup.
Human invention and innovation have brought about tremendous improvements in the quality of life of millions of people around the world today-but progress has its price. Environmental pollution is rapidly attacking the Earth's ecosphere. While advances have been made and new disciplines have emerged to identify, monitor, regulate, and compensate for environmental pollutants, it will take the combined efforts of numerous specialists to solve the problem. It will also take the efforts of an informed public that, through its voting and buying habits, has the power to determine whether or not the threat to our environment can be contained.
This 2-volume encyclopedia provides all readers, regardless of scientific background or training, with a working knowledge of contemporary issues in environmental pollution and cleanup. Based on Wiley's critically acclaimed, 8-volume Encyclopedia of Environmental Analysis and Remediation, this compact A-to-Z reference features the same breadth and quality of coverage-and clarity of presentation-found in the original. It includes:
* Over 200 self-contained, thoroughly cross-referenced articles on essential aspects of environmental pollution and cleanup.
* Coverage of key topics in hazardous waste, air pollution control, biosphere pollution, health effects, nuclear waste, environmental law and regulation, water reclamation, and more.
* Integrated coverage of both legal and policy issues and technological and environmental concerns.
* Hundreds of photographs, figures, charts, and tables that help illustrate major points, explain difficult material, and summarize important data.
* Bibliographic entries keyed to the text that list sources of additional information on selected topics.
This book is an ideal reference for high school and college students and a convenient resource for scientists, environmental consultants, and anyone who needs clear, reliable, up-to-date information on environmental pollution and cleanup.
Product dimensions : 11.5x3.9x9 inches
Product weight : 11 pounds
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: