An Introduction To Stochastic Modeling, Third Edition
ISBN : 9780126848878
Availability: Only 5 Left In-stock.
An Introduction to Stochastic Modeling, Third Edition
Serving as the foundation for a one-semester course in stochastic processes for students familiar with elementary probability theory and calculus, Introduction to Stochastic Modeling, Third Edition, bridges the gap between basic probability and an intermediate level course in stochastic processes. The objectives of the text are to introduce students to the standard concepts and methods of stochastic modeling, to illustrate the rich diversity of applications of stochastic processes in the applied sciences, and to provide exercises in the application of simple stochastic analysis to realistic problems.
* Realistic applications from a variety of disciplines integrated throughout the text
* Plentiful, updated and more rigorous problems, including computer "challenges"
* Revised end-of-chapter exercises sets?in all, 250 exercises with answers
* New chapter on Brownian motion and related processes
* Additional sections on Matingales and Poisson process
* Solutions manual available to adopting instructors
Specifications of An Introduction to Stochastic Modeling, Third Edition
|Author||Samuel Karlin, Howard M. Taylor|
|Number Of Pages||631|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: