Doing Grammar: Fourth Edition
Doing Grammar is a practical and lively guide to discovering how the English language works. Author Max Morenberg uses modern linguistic theories to build upon traditional frameworks and provide accessible explanations about the composition of sentences, illustrating them at every step with diagrams and other visual models.
In this fourth edition, Doing Grammar retains its unique voice, clarity, and organization, but also demonstrates the author's commitment to a renewed and streamlined focus on the critical skills necessary for writing effective sentences. Featuring updated examples, Morenberg once again makes a seemingly dry subject come alive.
New to this Edition
* A streamlined approach maintains the straightforward, easy-to-read narrative while also focusing on key skills
* A glossary of terms and expanded table of contents for easy reference
* A new printed Instructor's Resource Manual-free to adopters. Prepared by Charles MacQuarrie at California State University, Bakersfield, it features an Answer Key to those in-text exercises not answered at the back of the book, additional activities and test questions, teaching tips, sample syllabi, and a guide to developing syllabi
* Innovative tree diagrams explicate the process of grammatical analysis and guide students through taking apart, labeling, and understanding the various elements of sentences
* Engaging real-world examples and anecdotes illustrate the important elements of clear writing
* Extremely effective exercises provide practice in chapter concepts
* An Answer Key at the back of the book offers students answers to selected exercises
Invaluable for students in undergraduate grammar courses, this compact guide is also essential for all readers seeking to discover how the English language works.
Specifications of Doing Grammar: Fourth Edition
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Number Of Pages||336|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: