Grasping God's Word
Just as a rock climber’s handhold enables him to master the mountain, a firm grasp on God’s Word empowers us to traverse the challenging, risky slopes of life. Grasping God’s Word helps college students, beginning seminary students, and other serious readers get a grip on the solid rock of Scripture--how to read it, how to interpret it, and how to apply it.
Filling the gap between approaches that are too simple and others that are too technical, this book starts by equipping readers with general principles of interpretation, then moves on to apply those principles to specific genres and contexts.
* Field-tested in the classroom with nearly 600 students and various professors
* Numerous charts and sidebar highlights
* Hands-on exercises to guide students through the interpretation process
* Emphasis on real-life application
* Supplemented by a website for professors providing extensive teaching materials
* Accompanying workbook (sold separately)
Grasping God’s Word progresses through the following five sections:
1. How to Read the Book: Basic Tools
2. Contexts: Now and Then
3. Meaning and Application
4. The Interpretive Journey: New Testament
5. The Interpretive Journey: Old Testament
Specifications of Grasping God's Word
|Author||J. Scott Duvall, J. Daniel Hays|
|Number Of Pages||432|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: