Vertebrate Endocrinology, Fourth Edition
One of the only books to discuss all vertebrates, the fourth edition of Vertebrate Endocrinology has been completely reorganized and updated to explore the intricate mechanisms that control human physiology and behavior as well as that of other vertebrate animals. Perfect for students in endocrinology, zoology, biology and physiology, it allows readers to gain both an understanding of the intricate relationships among all of the body systems and their regulation by hormones and other bioregulators, but also a sense of their development through evolutionary time as well as the roles of hormones at different stages of an animal’s life cycle.
Chapters have been reorganized to more closely follow traditional classroom presentation and extensive suggested readings are included at the end of each chapter allowing the reader to obtain further information as well as connect concepts to the literature on which the book is based. For the first time, this edition features four-color illustrations as well as an ancillary web site with additional materials for instructors.
* Provides a complete overview of the endocrine system of vertebrates by first emphasizing the mammalian system as the basis of most terminology and understanding of endocrine mechanisms and then applies that to non-mammals
* Introduces the reader to suitable concepts and explanation of jargon so that the reader will be able to delve directly into the primary literature on any endocrine-related topic with a background that will aid in their interpretation of new information
* Revised and updated chapter on The Molecular Bases for Chemical Regulation that now includes more evolutionary data
* Includes information on endocrine disrupting chemicals and their implications on the health of wildlife and humans
* Companion website includes additional teaching materials such as power point slides of all illustrations in the book
Specifications of Vertebrate Endocrinology, Fourth Edition
|Author||David O. Norris|
|Number Of Pages||560|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: