More Than Words: Helping Parents Promote Communication And Social Skills In Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder
ISBN : 9780921145141
Availability: Only 5 Left In-stock.
Domestic Shipping: $3.99
Internation Shipping (Except United states): $16
Shipping & Tax will be calculated at Checkout.
Estimated delivery time 7-14 days.
International delivery time 2 to 4 weeks.
More Than Words: Helping Parents Promote Communication and Social Skills in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
More Than Words presents a step-by-step guide for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder in an extensive, practical, and user-friendly format. Strategies are drawn from current research to help children develop more advanced communication skills, focusing on helping the child reach the following four goals: 1) improved two-way interaction, 2) more mature and conventional ways of communication, 3) better skills in communicating for social purposes and finally, 4) improved understanding of language. Wonderfully illustrated and with chapters divided into four color-coded stages of communication, this book was developed for The Hanen Program For Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Highlights Of More Than Words:
- How your child communicates and the next steps to take
- How your child learns best
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to turn everyday activities into opportunities for learning to communicate
- How to use pictures and print to help your child's understanding
- How to talk so your child can understand you
- How to develop your child's play skills
- Why your child behaves in certain ways and what you can do about these behaviours
- How to help your child make friends
Specifications of More Than Words: Helping Parents Promote Communication and Social Skills in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
|Number Of Pages||424|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: