Encyclopedia Of Political Theory
ISBN : 9781412958653
Condition : New
Shipping & Tax will be calculated at Checkout.
Estimated delivery time 7-14 days.
International delivery time 2 to 4 weeks.
For a free 30-day online trial to this title, visit www.sagepub.com/freetrial
How do we arrange our collective affairs? Why do we live together in the ways we do? How ought we to live together? All humans think about the world they live in, its history and future, and the ideals by which they want to live in relation to others. How we think today decisively influences the world of tomorrow. This encyclopedia attempts to bring greater clarity and understanding to political debate.
Drawing together a team of international scholars, the Encyclopedia of Political Theory examines the ideas of the major political theorists from before Plato to our own times; the main schools of political thought; the concepts and issues that have captured the imagination and attention of political theorists; and some of the main institutions and practices inspired by political thought. With more than 450 entries, these three volumes provide a quick, one-stop source to key topics in the field.
- Examines the global landscape of all the key theories and the theorists behind them
- Includes specific lists of entries that deal with constitutional thought and democratic thought
- Refers to distinctive norms and features of various governments, legal systems, and societies
- Devotes large parts to the history of ideas about government, ethics, and society
- Provides a chronology of political theory to help readers see how a given theorist, school, or issue fits into the bigger historical picture
- Ancient Thought
- Applied Ethics
- Comparative Theory
- Constitutional Thought
- Critical Theory
- Democratic Thought
- Early Modern Thought
- International Theory
- Liberal Theory
- Medieval Thought
- Modern Theory
- Power and Authority
- Religious Thought
- Self and Community
This work is designed to serve as a reference source for anyone interested in the roots of contemporary political theory. It will be a welcome addition to any academic or public library.
Product dimensions : 11x5x8.75 inches
Product weight : 11.6 pounds
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: