Performance Analysis Of Communication Systems : Modeling With Non-Markovian Stochastic Petri Nets
ISBN : 9780471492580
Condition : New
Shipping & Tax will be calculated at Checkout.
Estimated delivery time 7-14 days.
International delivery time 2 to 4 weeks.
Provides a clear and systematic introduction to the use of stochastic Petri nets in communications systems engineering and the analysis techniques and algorithms used in performance evaluation.
The field of communication systems is full of complex design questions concerning performance and reliability. Since data traffic and errors occur in a random fashion, stochastic models are used for developing and comparing systems. In particular, stochastic Petri nets have become a popular tool for the description and automatic evaluation of such models. The use of non-Markovian models has become important as they allow more flexibility.
* Provides a clear exposition of the use of stochastic Petri nets in communication systems engineering
* Introduces the reader to the analysis techniques and algorithsm used in performance evaluation
* Provides an accompanying example to clarify the use of each definition, concept and algorithm
* Mathematica routines used for implementing the algorithms are available on the Wiley ftp site
The text will appeal to researchers, industrial engineers, and graduate students studying communication systems and stochastic modeling. The numerous examples will benefit those working in performance evaluation, reliability, operations research, queueing theory and computer science.
The Mathematica routines used for implementing the algorithms are available for downloading on the following Wiley ftp site: ftp://ftp.wiley.co.uk/pub/books/german
- Performance Analysis of Communication Systems Modeling with Non Markovian Stochastic Petri Nets
Product dimensions : 8.11x1.26x6.28 inches
Product weight : 2.03 pounds
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: