Statistical Methods In The Atmospheric Sciences, Volume 100, Second Edition (International Geophysics)
ISBN : 9780127519661
Condition : New
Shipping & Tax will be calculated at Checkout.
US Delivery Time: 3-5 Business Days.
Outside US Delivery Time: 8-12 Business Days.
Statistical Methods in the Atmospheric Sciences, Volume 100, Second Edition (International Geophysics)
Praise for the First Edition:
"I recommend this book, without hesitation, as either a reference or course text...Wilks' excellent book provides a thorough base in applied statistical methods for atmospheric sciences."--BAMS (Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society)
Fundamentally, statistics is concerned with managing data and making inferences and forecasts in the face of uncertainty. It should not be surprising, therefore, that statistical methods have a key role to play in the atmospheric sciences. It is the uncertainty in atmospheric behavior that continues to move research forward and drive innovations in atmospheric modeling and prediction.
This revised and expanded text explains the latest statistical methods that are being used to describe, analyze, test and forecast atmospheric data. It features numerous worked examples, illustrations, equations, and exercises with separate solutions. Statistical Methods in the Atmospheric Sciences, Second Edition will help advanced students and professionals understand and communicate what their data sets have to say, and make sense of the scientific literature in meteorology, climatology, and related disciplines.
* Presents and explains techniques used in atmospheric data summarization, analysis, testing, and forecasting
* Features numerous worked examples and exercises
* Covers Model Output Statistic (MOS) with an introduction to the Kalman filter, an approach that tolerates frequent model changes
* Includes a detailed section on forecast verification
New in this Edition:
* Expanded treatment of resampling tests and coverage of key analysis techniques
* Updated treatment of ensemble forecasting
* Edits and revisions throughout the text plus updated references
Specifications of Statistical Methods in the Atmospheric Sciences, Volume 100, Second Edition (International Geophysics)
|Author||Daniel S. Wilks|
|Number Of Pages||648|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: